One of the most beautiful white beaches in the Philippines! Let's go to Boracay Island! ① How to get to Cebu Island-Boracay Island
Did you know that the Philippines is said to have more than 7,600 islands, including uninhabited islands?
Of course, there are many attractive islands such as "Cebu Island" which is famous in Japan, "Siquijor Island" which is a small island surrounded by mangroves and coral reefs, and "Bohol Island" which has the world’s smallest primate. Bohol Island also has beautiful resorts in the Philippines, which has been included in the "World's Best Beach Ranking" in the past!
Boracay Island is still unfamiliar in Japan, but the White sand beach, which is about 4 km long, is soft like powder, and the sea with breathtaking transparency spreads out in front of you, which I think is so heavenly.
There are many aesthetically pleasing restaurants, cafes and bars along the beach, so you can fully enjoy the beach without having to wander around the island.
This time I actually went to Boracay from Cebu Island, so let me introduce the charm of Boracay Island, access, guides and precautions!
Essential items you’ll need when going to Boracay Island
・ Register your ID, passport, flight ticket, hotel reservation details, vaccine card, and obtain a QR code .
* Registration is required for all members. 3 days before the travel date to the arrival date . All traveler should register here https://www.touristboracay.com
・ Before going to Boracay, those who have not been vaccinated needs to take the PCR test that has a negative result within 72 hours.
・ If you are 12 years old or younger, you need to download and fill out a form in advance.
* As of the end of May 2022.
In addition, the contents are subject to change without notice, so please check the Ministry of Tourism website before traveling.
* Those who are 12 years old or younger and have not been vaccinated | To register the vaccine certification frame when obtaining the QR code, please register the vaccine certificate of the guardian.
Currently, there is a limit on the number of people who can enter Boracay Island, so it is necessary to register in advance from the Ministry of Tourism website and obtain a QR code.
From Cebu Island to Caticlan Airport
１, About 1 hour plane ride from Cebu Island
It takes about an hour by plane from Cebu Island to Caticlan Airport.
After completing the boarding procedure from the domestic terminal, undergo a baggage inspection and then go to the boarding gate.
* We recommend that you complete online check-in to save time.
* The boarding gate may change without notice, so it is recommended to double-check the bulletin board at the gate before boarding.
２, Arrive at Caticlan Airport
When you get off the plane, you will see a building called "ARRIVALS" in front of you at Caticlan Airport.
* It is a short walk from the plane to the airport.
* The bus stopped, there were people going from Caticlan Airport to Mactan.
When you enter the airport, you will find a "Transportation counter " .
Here, you can purchase a ticket that includes a car from the airport to the port of Caticlan + a ship boarding fee + a car from the port of Boracay Island to each hotel + a terminal usage fee at the port and an environmental tax .
Please note that the rates are different for foreign tourists and Filipinos. One way, foreign tourists are 1000 pesos and locals are 800 pesos. If you have a lot of baggage or have small children, it may be easier to ask because they will take you to the hotel, but it is still manageable, so you may go by yourself.
* Cars are shared.
Boracay Island from Caticlan Airport
Now, here’s how to get to Boracay Island from Caticlan Airport on your own.
1. After leaving the airport and walking just a few meters next to the parking lot, you will see the tricycle landing. (Actually, you can only see the tricycle landing and palm trees)
2. Purchase a ticket to Caticlan Port at the tricycle platform. 50 pesos per person.
3. A few minutes on the tricycle, we arrived at Caticlan Port.
4. Buy a boat ticket here. There is a baggage inspection when you enter the building .
5. When you go to counter 1, you will be asked to present the QR code and ID required for entering the island. (Present PCR negative certificate and certification sheet under 12 years old)
6. Payment of terminal usage fee and environmental tax. The terminal usage fee is 100 pesos. The environmental tax is 150 pesos.
7. Purchase a boat ticket. 50 pesos.
8. Once all payments have been made, you will be given a card with your boat name and seat number.
9. Find the boat written on the card and board. Boarding time is less than 10 minutes.
10. Arrived at Boracay Island !
11. Ride an E-bike (electric tricycle) that runs on the island to each hotel! 50 pesos.
（* May vary depending on the location of the hotel）
12.Enjoy the beautiful beach resort to your heart's content!
In fact, due to the increase in tourists on Boracay Island for a period of time, businesses such as hotels and restaurants sewed sewage into the sea, leading to environmental problems such as water pollution. Therefore, in order to protect the environment, the President of the Philippines decided to close the island for half a year, improve the environment under strict guidance to maintain the beautiful island, and Boracay island was reborn as a more beautiful beach resort.
Actually, there is a mysterious aesthetic protection rule that only white cars can enter the island, and when you actually go to see it, the car is certainly only "white". However, there are many more colorful motorcycles running on the island than cars, so it didn't seem to be thorough yet.
After Corona, drinking and smoking are prohibited on the beach, it is safer and you can enjoy the beach confidently. It's an hour away from Cebu Island, so if you're staying for a long time, don't miss it!
The continuation will introduce the state of the island of Boracay and sightseeing spots! Please look forward to it ♪